The simple statement to get your body summer-ready in no time is to simply change into some lighter clothing, toss on some SPF, and head to the beach! We all have summer-ready bodies we should be proud of, but sometimes, we’d like to do a little tweaking before we sport our bikinis and that’s OK, too! So here, we’ve gathered some quick tips to help get your body summer-ready, fast and in your own way.
Pale or pasty skin may warrant a tan before you raise that hemline or bare that midriff on the beach, but as all beauty buffs know, you really should avoid tanning beds or laying out in the sun. While you may discover a gorgeous glow after a few tanning sessions, the skin’s golden hue is actually a physical manifestation of its attempts to protect itself from further UV damage. For a quicker, safer option to flaunt beautifully bronzed skin, opt for a faux tan (many options boast gorgeous results in 12 hours or less).
To pull off the perfect dupe without risk of streaks or an orange hue, simply use the following steps:
Belly bloat is a completely common, normal occurrence and it may show more on some bodies than others—it’s even common among fitness Instagrammers. While it’s nothing to be ashamed of and sometimes even worth the “buddha belly” look to indulge in our favorite foods, there are some diet changes that can cut the appearance of bloating by beach day tomorrow, if that’s in your plans. Plain yogurt contains helpful probiotics that will keep hunger at bay while also improving digestion and minimizing bloating. High in potassium, bananas are a good morning snack for a belly-flattening boost, while cayenne and ginger contain ingredients that reduce bloating, gas, and inflammation. Finally, for a healthy snack that will help reduce water and salt retention in the body, slice up some honeydew melon, cantaloupe, and watermelon for an Instagram-worthy colorful fruit salad that’s sure to bust belly bloating behind the scenes!
Perhaps belly bloating isn’t the cause for that little bit of stubborn extra volume you’ve been looking to kick from your midriff or maybe the thighs have been your trouble area when it comes to your target training. While your efforts to exercise, diet, and tone are definitely not in vain—your body will thank you in the long run for being a little more health-conscious—there’s nothing wrong with taking a bit of a shortcut to meet your goals. For those interested, non-surgical body shaping treatments may perfectly complement gym days and healthy meals to reduce waist or thigh circumference. These treatments utilize advanced technology to deliver energy below the skin's surface, where it targets and shrinks fat cells, smoothening those troublesome fat pockets for a slimmer, more defined silhouette. Body shaping treatments may also be used to target smaller, harder-to-hit areas like the upper arms and jawline.
It doesn’t pay to have cellulite as there really is no benefit to the bumps and dimples, usually along the buttocks or on the backs of thighs, but cellulite is super common. In fact, only 10% of women will seemingly miraculously avoid cellulite, so for the other 90% of us, we can accept it as beautifully natural or we can fight back. While many may be tempted to test the powers of topical creams and gels to smoothen out cellulite, the problem lies much deeper in the skin with the buildup of fat cells and the natural decline in the skin’s structure. Combined, fat cells bunch up and push through the lattice-like collagen structure of the skin, leading to those recognizable lumps and bumps. Cellulite-reducing creams may temporarily perk up skin and eventually improve skin’s collagen structure, but it won’t affect the accumulation of fat cells. For a faster fix, look to a series of radio frequency-based cellulite reduction treatments that deliver heat deep below the skin’s surface to melt fat cells while inducing the skin’s natural collagen production cycle in just six to eight weeks.
To learn more about how non-surgical medical aesthetics treatments can help you get summer-ready in a flash and further perfect that beautiful body of yours, contact a certified treatment provider near you using the search field below.
Search below to find a provider near you and to learn about our non-surgical aesthetic treatments with ARTAS®, NeoGraft®, Venus Bliss™, Venus Versa™, Venus Legacy™, Venus Velocity™, Venus Viva™ MD, Venus Freeze Plus™, and Venus Glow™.